Goodmorning Hostel has the best breakfast in Lisbon and is one of the most memorable activities of the day. From eight in the morning you start to smell the coffee and the freshly made waffles. And it doesn’t stop there, because from scrambled eggs to various fruits and juices to the giant bucket of Nutella, there is a bit of everything.
But it is not just the food that makes this activity an experience. Goodmorning Hostel is especially known for attracting people who travel alone (by the way, the full name is Goodmorning Solo Traveler Hostel) and it is in the morning that we meet the friends we made the night before and plan this day’s adventure. And there is no better way to establish new friendships than there is around a table full of good food.
Right now we are in an age of social distance, confinement to home is practically mandatory. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t spoil ourselves while remembering the good times spent at the table during the best breakfast in Lisbon. And for that, here we leave the recipe for the famous waffles. And don’t worry, in case you don’t have a machine you can use the same recipe and make pancakes!
- 260 g flour
- 125 g sugar
- 3 eggs M
- 5 dl semi-skimmed milk
- 65 g butter
- In a bowl, mix the flour with sugar.
- Add the eggs, one by one, and then 2 dl of milk. Mix well.
- In a saucepan, heat the remaining milk and butter. Reserve some butter to grease the pan.
- When the butter has melted, add to the previous preparation and mix well.
- Turn on a waffle maker and grease it with a little butter.
- Pour a portion of dough. When it is golden on both sides, remove.
- Repeat the procedure until the dough is finished.
- Suggestion: sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with Nutella!
And this is why we say: “Arrive as a guest, leave us as a friend.” – Enjoy your food!