Have you tried the Portuguese cod with cream?
Cod with cream is a classic recipe of Portuguese cuisine and is one of the most beloved ways to serve cod. Creamy and tasty, it’s a recipe we should all learn!
At Good Morning Hostel, we aim to provide our guests, several bits of our culture, and the best our country has to offer in various aspects, including our tasty food. So here is a cod with cream recipe that will help you impress your friends and family!
Let’s do this?
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 4 sliced cod slices
- 1 kg diced potatoes
- 2 medium onions cut into half-moon slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 125 ml of olive oil
- 40g butter
- 40g of flour
- 250 ml of milk
- 250 ml cream
- Salt q.s.
- Nutmeg q.s.
- Pepper q.s.
- Lemon Drops
- Brush oil
- Grated cheese q.b.
- Frying oil
1. In a pan with water bake the cod for 5 minutes.
Put enough water just to cover the cod.
After 5 minutes remove the cod to a platter and let cool.
2. Reserve 200 ml of water to cook the cod to make the béchamel sauce.
After it’s cold, wipe the skin and pimple cod off and splinter it into splinters.
3. Fry the potatoes in hot oil and then fry them in a tray with absorbent paper.
4. In a pan, light the butter and let it heat.
Add the flour and stir very well.
While stirring, gradually add the water to bake the cod, the milk and the cream.
When it starts to boil, season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and a few drops of lemon.
Stir and extinguish the heat.
5. In another pan, bring the oil, onions, chopped garlic and bay leaf to the heat.
Stir and cook.
When the onion is lourinha, add the cod, stir and let braise a little.
After a few minutes, remove the bay leaf, add the potato chips and wrap well.
Add 2/3 of the béchamel sauce, stir well and turn off the heat.
6. Brush a pan with olive oil, place the cod and spread it well.
On top of the cod, spread the remaining sauce well.
Finally, sprinkle with the grated cheese.
7. Bring the gratin in a preheated oven at 220º between 15 to 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes it is ready to be taken out of the oven!
Serve this dish with a salad.
Delicious, isn’t it?